Getting It All Together
Physical, mental, and emotional elements combine to create your unique voice and self-expression in the world. When you find your voice, you can improve your overall experience of moving, sensing, feeling, and “performing” in all aspects of your life.
WHO BENEFITS: Speakers, teachers, performers—anyone who’d like to use their voice, and themselves, with greater ease.
COST: Early-Bird $45 (thru May 3); General $55; $65 at door if space permits. Students: $30. Limit 20. Room for 12 more as of May 1!
Register on Brown Paper Tickets.
In this workshop, you will:
- Feel surprising connections your jaw, lips, and tongue share throughout your whole system.
- Sense the relationship between posture, breath, movement, and sound.
- Improve vocal tone, clarity, and expressiveness.
- Discover easy breathing, balance, posture, and movement.
- Learn to interrupt muscular tension patterns of TMJ and headaches (Surprise!).
YOUR INSTRUCTOR: MaryBeth D. Smith, GCFP, is Founder and Director of the FELDENKRAIS Center of Houston. With a background as vocal coach and university opera director, she continues to work with actors, speakers, and singers to improve their skills, technique, and presentation. MaryBeth is a member of the teaching faculty at the Jung Center of Houston, and is nationally recognized as an authority on the improvement of human performance.